Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Book Tagging

I am trying to get back into my 4 books per week schedule but with little success. Its been more like 1 book in 2 weeks. Blame it on work and home pressures. If it sounds like I did little but read earlier, that’s not true. I ran a home (everything and on my home and no domestic help). And any one who thinks running a home is no great shakes – well Try it. And for those who run their homes smoothly and brilliantly…well don’t tell me. I will forever hate them (yes pure envy).

Total books I own: Too many to count. But alas they are back in Kolkata. Here I have around 20 or so.

Last book I bought : Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) -- by Christopher Paolini

Last book I read : Eragon. Am reading The White Mughals and Kriya Yoga (a little bit of each…no wonder am making bad progress).

Books that mean a lot to me: 1. The Diary of Anne Frank (although it was too traumatic for me to re-read it). It was given to me on my 13th birthday and that got me started on my own journals – a habit which I still maintain to this day after so many years and 22 diaries.

2. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol– Amazing.

3. Jane Eyre for Mr. Rochester and Pride and Prejudice for Darcy..but ofcourse.

4. The Century after Beatrice by Amin Malouf – One of the things I am grateful to France, for ever. I wouldn’t have heard about him or the book ever, and that would have been my loss, entirely.

5. My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk

6. The entire Terry Pratchett discworld series

And I am sure there are others, which can’t think of now and will remember as soon as I post this.


I have to, I believe tag five people and have them (don’t know if they will) do this on their blogs (but here goes):

Rezwan – This should be interesting
Parth
Sougata
Ashwin
Runa

That makes it 6....more the merrier??

No comments:

Read if you will

Blog Widget by LinkWithin